Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, November 9, 2012

Chilling them out

Several of my friends are really good gardeners. I am not, except I do have pretty good luck with herbs. I have rosemary, lavender and oregano en masse. I thought about making a wreath but...

This picture from the Internet, showing how to freeze fresh herbs in olive oil, looks likes the perfect, simple weekend project. I am going to try it!



Anyone else have a great way to preserve fresh herbs?

Oh, and by the way, although one of my favorite farmers' markets is closing for the season this weekend, many others will remain open. Some farmers are chilling out their crops and will have lots of root veggies, brussels sprouts and beautiful greens available all winter long. Here is a great seasonal chart, also from the Internet, that shows what delicious fresh produce we have to look forward to each month. Fun!




Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment