Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, June 19, 2012

At the end of the day

Yesterday was a day...not an especially bad one but not a great one either. There is a spot in our yard that we have rebirthed and it was just the place for me to reclaim the day. I needed to sit for awhile and decide whether to let things end as is or make them better. There is a little bench there that I have dubbed The End of the Day Bench. I sat there, musing.


After an hour or so, I faced the reality that I still had dinner to make and whether it was a sympathetic reaction or coincidence, my 'fridge was in the same sort of state. Lots of half eaten bunches of this and that, a lone squash and fairy tale eggplant, an ear of corn, a bunch of basil...the "end of the day" for much of what I had gotten at the farmers market. Do I let it all fester or make it into something better? Hmmm...


Given my personality, I set to work on the "better" and here is what I came up with...a nice, soothing summer pasta that eased the day into a peaceful night.

End of the Day Pasta


Take a peek inside your 'fridge for your own combo of goodies. I had a mix of mushrooms, corn, zucchini, pattypan squash, and little fairy tale eggplants that I sautéed in olive oil and lots of garlic and seasoned with Herbs de Provence, a little sea salt and fresh black pepper. Right before serving, I added in Swiss chard and fresh basil sliced into thin ribbons and cooked all until tender. I served this veggie ragu over spinach linguine and garnished with some goat cheese and lots of fresh basil. Then, as the perfect ending to the day, a nice dollop of fresh pesto.

Anything you do to reclaim the goodness of a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment