Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, June 25, 2012

At the End of the Day, a Fairy Tale

The End of the Day Park has become very popular with the locals. So much so that I won't be sitting there for about a week. There is a sweet momma robin there now who has brought her little one to the park to learn all about how to be a robin. She is very intent on privacy and from experience, I have learned robins are very territorial! Once they have found a roost, they mark it with you know what!! And so, for the interim until her Boot Camp is over, I am sitting elsewhere!

See her up there?


As a little girl, like most maybe, I believed in fairy tales...pumpkins that turned into carriages, a castle closet full of fabulous shoes and beautiful dresses, and princes who were always charming. That is why these little wonders caught my eye at the Farmers' Market. The name alone sold me: Fairy Tale Eggplant. And then, the taste...oh my, a real fairy tale if ever there was one! Have you tried them? So creamy and sweet! I think even non-eggplant fans would love them. They were even on the cover of a recent magazine! Look...



To make this dream come true and be edible, here is what I did...

Fairy Tales on the Grill

Wash 2 little Fairy Tale Eggplants per person and slice lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips. Place on parchment paper lined foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil and herbs of choice. Place packet on grill and smoke for about 20 minutes or until tender. Do not seal packet...leave open so smoke can flavor the eggplant. I use real wood charcoal and applewood smoking chips. Just fabulous. A smoky-sweet and creamy fairy tale come true!




Any fairy tales in your world? Did any of you try the apple cider vinegar as a mosquito repellent? Really worked for me. Have a great start on the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment