Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Visions of Sugarplum

Today is a very special day. It is the day I became a momma for the second time. Such a beautiful, sweet love came into the world! She lights up every day of my life and her kindness, loving spirit and spunk are icing on the cake of life.

Happy, healthy birthday, Sugarplum! oxox

One of the birthday rituals I have is to sing "Happy Birthday to You" to my kiddoes, just like I did moments after they were born. While digging around, I found this vintage card...



Taking the leading question to heart, "Ever wonder about it?", on this Women and Wednesday, I am going to use it as a segue because as well as bountiful happiness, I wish my daughter bountiful "healthiness" today and every day. So that these are not just visions for her life but are realities, that means digging deeper and getting to the root of some more "stuff".

How did we get so "chemicalized", so toxic? When did all this start? Interestingly enough, a lot earlier than I thought. Queen Elizabeth was famous for her white painted face, full of lead and arsenic. Earlier still, while smart in her use of milk for bathing (milk's lactic acid is a fabulous natural exfoliator), Queen Cleopatra also wore lots of lead and copper-laced kohl eyeliner. Beauty products traced back to the Egyptians had heavy metals, animal oils and arsenic. And so, it seems that since ancient times we have been mixing in additives.

Along with celebrating my daughter's birth, this has given me cause today to rebirth some fresh ideas that return to the root of good health and return that good health back to us.

Here is a fabulous recipe...just the berry thing for my birthday girl (the carrots will have to wait...stay tuned!)

Calming Rasp-licious Facial Mask (adapted from Narine Nikogosian)

15 organic raspberries
3 tablespoons organic milk
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon sparkling mineral oil

In a small glass bowl, mash berries and add milk and then olive oil. Add sparkling water and mix again.

Put a thin layer on skin, relax and enjoy for about 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and apply moisturizer. Blow out birthday candles! Eat cake! Oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment