Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Falling for coconuts

Or so it seems. I had a bad fall yesterday. Some friends were at the door and I opened it enough to squeeze out or so I thought. We have a household of sweet little dogs...all one time strays. One is especially incorrigible and snuck right past me in the blink of an eye. I fell splat over her and skidded across the porch on my elbows, knees and cheek.



Pretty sore journey and a terrible way to greet my pals but luckily, we caught errant pup Annie before she took to the hills. It amazes me after 10 years, you'd think she'd show a little gratitude and not bolt for the blue any chance she gets. Oh well. Once a roaming terrier, always a roaming terrier, I guess. Note to self.

Anyway, a bag of frozen peas later, I decided to "dress" my wounded face in coconut oil. I love it. It is a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and very soothing. The tropical fragrance is divine...takes your mind elsewhere. My kiddoes have used it, too, on the Grand Ones...for their diaper area and as a perfect oil for baby massages. It is also nice to rub on dry hair ends and use as a body moisturizer for adults. Yes...this is the same coconut oil I love for cooking...simple does it again. Go get yourself some. Take a Women and Wednesdays stroll (no falling please) to any super market. Choose from several organic brands...I like this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment