Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, May 29, 2012

KISS

I think I already have a post by this name but...it is a great mantra! Keeping things simple seemed like the way to go over the weekend.

I am having so much fun with all my projects and seem to be making headway! Yay! Good thing...I hear that the Grand Ones are in various stages of exploration, each one doing something new and different. Lots of cute squeals and giggles, flipping over, almost sitting up on their own and getting all fours ready to crawl. Both are bright-eyed as can be, love to "stand up" and look ready to "step out" on the town. Yikes! They will be here before I know it and so it will be Projects-Are-Me around here until they come!

Just in case you also need a little KISS in your life, I thought you might like to see the salad I made yesterday...a little impromptu because once again, it was dinnertime before I knew it! This is a lovely summer/spring salad and the colors a reminder and thank you to those who gave their lives so fully so that we could live ours so freely.

How was your weekend?  


Berry Walnut Salad

a big bunch of basil, chopped
fresh strawberries (can you believe it...our local strawberry season is over already!!), hulled and sliced
fresh blueberries
fresh mozzarella balls
toasted walnuts, chopped

Vary amounts based on number of people eating this salad. I used about a half pint of both strawberries and blueberries, around 10 mozzarella balls and a half cup of walnuts along with a big bunch of basil. Mix all and drizzle with a good balsamic vinaigrette. I also sprinkled on some herbs de Provence and sea salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment