Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, April 30, 2012

Play time!

There are days, when I have more time, that I really like to play with my food. This weekend, I had some leisurely moments and had a great time playing with colors, textures and shapes...just for a little fun. Here are the pictures made from produce I got at the weekend markets and at the end of the post, a little more color fun! Happy Monday!



Friday's Market Salad with a little help from 'fridge leftovers!


Sauteed Bok Choy, Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms


Sunday's Market Salad...decidedly tropical

and two pals for Friday's L'il Miss Carrot Top


 Miss Egg 'Em On


Mr. Rad Ish

I also went to a class on juicing and when I got home, got some great news about my niece's company. She works for Sherwin-Williams and one of their green colors was chosen as a "Favorite Green" by a senior decorator at Ballard Designs. The color is "Overt Green" and is just a sparkling, fresh, full-of-life green. My sister-in-law chose an equally smashing color, an orange, for her front door called "Adventure Orange". Here are the paint chips...computer doesn't do them justice.



After playing with all three things, juice class and two paint colors, what did I come up with? Fresh carrot juice with a sprig of mint. Delish!!



Ginger Orange Carrot Juice

In a heavy duty blender, put 3-4 ice cubes, 3 medium carrots (washed but not peeled, cut into chunks), good slice of fresh ginger, 1 whole orange (without skin) and 1/2 whole lemon (without skin). Blend away until smooth, adding purified water as necessary. It will have the texture of juice "with pulp". I guess you could strain it but gosh, there goes all the fiber. Serve chilled with a sprig of mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment