Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping Forward

Happy Leap Day!!!
Good bye, 144!

Today actually has a lot of meaning for me. What started out as a leap of faith is ending.

Tomorrow is “moving out of the apartment” day. Yuck. It takes 30 days to create a new habit and so you can imagine how embedded I am after three months here.  I have lots to do today…go pick up two special treats for my mom...
"I will take two of those, please!"

pick up shoes from the cobbler, then drycleaning, one last spin at the laundromat and then kisses for my kiddoes. I am heading out to Mom’s for a visit before I actually head home and so it is mercifully not “goodbye day” as well. Phew.

One of the things I am taking out to Mom’s is Israeli couscous, a new grain for her. My DIL made a marvelous salad for her visit into Brooklyn to see her great-grandbabies and my daughter made this luscious salad that we had for lunch the other day. Take a look…


Israeli couscous has a great texture and is a nice base for all kinds of creative add-ins. My sweet daughter is another absolutely wonderful and totally intuitive cook…adds in the perfect taste combinations every time. A picture will have to be worth a thousand words…again, no recipe!

Lissa's Luscious Salad

Prepare couscous according to package directions. Add in a melange of sauteed veggies...Swiss chard, carrots, leeks, asparagus...and then season with feta and
fresh black pepper. Yummy as an entree or chilled as a salad.

And so, on this Women and Wednesdays...take a leap of faith and try something new! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment