Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, December 12, 2011

Energizing the Projects!

Yea, that’s what I am talking about. Even the buildings are shouting a welcome!! Isn’t that great?! And, notice, too, the green light…awesome! That graffiti is a keeper.


Another keeper was this “sandwich” I had…oh my. I did not want it to end. So yummy…fresh and flavorful. And, I am not even crazy about sandwiches, but this one I am going to have to take on as a project and reconstruct.


Speaking of projects and construction, over the weekend, I assessed my “energy” and how to build it up. I am doing a LOT more walking than ever before. I mean, a LOT. And, as you sensed from Friday’s post, some of it is in the wrong direction. Surely, I have broken a weekly record in just one day!

What I have broken in is my back. It’s a little “ouchy”. I am using a backpack for the first time ever instead of a purse and it is a smidge weird feeling, a little odd. Last time I had something on my back, it was my beloved children…in their little papoose packs. That’ll date me.

And so, what has come to my attention now is my posture. Posture is huge. And, I am amazed that when I project my body, especially my shoulders and neck, in the proper position…bingo…no backache! I have to be very intentional about standing up straight and that includes holding up my head. I am a little tall for a gal and hadn’t realized how I had begun to slouch and throw my head and long neck forward. That is until Mile #12 when my back started hurting. Project Posture…added to the list! I will share an exercise I have been doing in Wednesday’s post.

‘Til then, here is an energizing little beverage that I have sipped on to start off my days. After 5 .pm., I suppose you can add a dash of “spirits”. I suspect, with or without spirits, this brew will also come in handy for the occasional “ouchy” winter throat as well.



Lemon and Ginger Morning Brew (adapted from Eat, Drink, Live)

Zest and juice of 3 lemons
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
A bunch of mint leaves (I know…weird timing on the mint, but it is so good in all kinds of beverages! Love it in my shakes.)

Put lemon zest and juice, ginger and mint in heatproof pitcher. Pour in 3 cups boiling water and let steep 6 minutes. Serve warm or iced with extra slices of lemon and ginger. Sweeten (if you must) with honey or agave nectar. Serves 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment