Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, October 17, 2011

Golden moments

Yep...got my box full of beautiful golden Razor apples and am making my crunchy way through them.Yum!



I also had to make my way through the 'fridge this weekend. Had a lot of "halvies"... a half-used head of cabbage leftover from soup I made earlier in the week, half a bunch of golden beets, half a cluster of sunny zephyr squash. And so, I decided to make a harvest melange of them...all lightly caramelized which is my favorite way to eat most cooked veggies. If you have some halvies of your own...go for 'em whole-heartedly!.

Golden Harvest Melange


Melt a combination of olive oil and unsalted butter (important for flavor) in a skillet. Add a minced clove of garlic, if desired, and saute lightly.

Shred cabbage coarsely, shred beets (I had golden beets), and slice squash into fingers. Sprinkle generously with Herbes de Provence and add in a little extra rosemary (I will explain that on Wednesday!) Saute all until lightly caramelized and al dente.  Season to taste with sea salt and fresh black pepper. Lovely. And, even a bit more robust if you have some leftover brown rice on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment