Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sole Food

I have written over 500 posts and so surely I have used this title before? Oh well...twice is nice!

I am thinking about my feet today...my beloved "flip flops" broke and are irreparable. I call them flips but actually they are orthopedic, flip-flop looking wonders and I bet if I walked one mile, I walked several hundred, maybe a thousand in them...all around New York, all around Mexico, all around home. I am chagrined. Airport security will miss them...lots of sky miles on those flips. Good thing it is getting a little cool and flip season is almost over.

Back-up pair with fave summer blues

And for me, pedicure season is winding down, too. I don't get a pedi very often because for one thing, I cannot stand the smell of most salons and those awful petroleum-based, greasy, chemically-colored gels, scrubs and lotions most salons use. And, that's not even hitting on the toxins! I bring my own spa products a lot of the time. When I forget (I never forget the toxin-free polish!!!), sometimes the bottoms of my feet are so greasy from what the salon uses, I can hardly walk. Kind of takes the "zen" out of the experience for me.

I saw this recipe somewhere and think I may give DIY pedi's more of a try...looks good enough even for Cleopatra. Milk is an excellent skin rejuvenator. The lactic acid helps with exfoliating and moisturizing, too.

Sole Soak

Mix equal parts warm milk and warm water. Add a few drops of olive oil and your favorite essential oil. Soak feet in warm milk bath for 5-10 minutes or until milk cools. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment