Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, June 3, 2011

Today is for Rick

On a personal, extended family note, part of May was miserable. Hardly "merry". We mourned the passing of Dadaji. My mom had a surprise and scary fall with me on the phone doing "long-distance calming" til help arrived, my brother had two mini strokes and his daughter, my FB pal Mer, was hospitalized as well. Rick is having a procedure done today. My heart is with him. I wish him more health and less meat. Goodness me. Oh Canada...do your stuff and do it well.

Rick and "our" doll, my childhood Flamenco Queen

Anyway, I am sharing one of his favorite marinade recipes... continuing on like the trooper I am with the barbecue focus. Rick does a mean 'cue. One big request...spare the animals
and marinate tofu, seitan, tempeh or just plain veggies. Your life and theirs will thank you.

Love you, sweet brother Rick. Heal and heal WELL, your Pen. xoxoxox

Rick's Magic Marinade

Grated peel of 2 lemons
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Combine all in a glass jar, give a good shake and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes one cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment