Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, June 6, 2011

Chilling...

I feel sure that what you put out there you get back and so I am not going to put out there how *** I was this weekend. Or what the thermometer read in my car. Instead, I am going to put on my Summer game face (although it is still Spring, right?) and put out thoughts of this...

Jumping for joy!

Now, I feel better and so excited that it is *warm* enough officially to be salad season...all kinds of salads season.


I went to our new farmers market over the weekend and got the prettiest potatoes. Little pink-skinned beauties. Saturday would have been my dad's 88th birthday and he loved new potatoes. I remembered that my mom made a fab potato salad and decided to whip one up myself. 

Here it is. I used green onions and gorgeous eggs from the market, too. The dressing from the Grilled Romaine Salad post on May 23rd made a wonderful marinade and I loved the little burst of lemon that popped through. This is a very simple potato salad...I will post my mom's later. You can doll this up with a number of extra ingredients which I didn't have on hand. Also...I am not a big fan of really mayonnaise-y salads. Feel free to add more to suit your tastes.



Spur of the Moment Chilled Potato Salad

Early in the day, boil 3-5 small red-skinned potatoes until just fork tender. Slice and drizzle with Caesar Dressing. Marinate in 'fridge for at least 6-8 hours or better yet, overnight.

When ready to serve, toss in sliced green onions, about 3-4 and 2 hard-cooked eggs. Toss with a little mayo, if desired, or more dressing. This recipe serves 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment