Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, May 18, 2011

From My House to Yours

It is Wednesday and I am trying something new. It has been soooo hard for me to pick which of several news articles to talk about on Wednesdays. There are so many now that deal with the important issue of the safety of our personal care products.

Personal care products are actually the most important foods we "eat" every day...and you know from my point of view as a nutritionist, that's saying a really big something!

Why? Because we eat these products through our largest organ, our skin, every day, morning and night and sometimes, in the case of hand soaps and hand sanitizers, hourly. Most personal care products are the same...petroleum-based, riddled with dyes, perfumes (where manufacturers can legally hide 600 chemicals), "proprietary formulas" and 1,000's of chemicals that Europe has already banned. The U.S. only bans 9. 9!! You would be shocked at the list of what is in some products and the risks they pose, especially to our children, those with health challenges and Mother Earth.


Here is what I think: the more you "know", the more you will say "no" to using products like facial lotions, shampoos, shower gels, hand sanitizers, lip glosses, etc. that contain known harmful chemicals like PEG's, SLS, 1-4 dioxane, triclosan, pthalates, parabens and formaldehyde.  


Here is what I am going to do:

1. Several days during the week, on Facebook, I will post news articles about this issue so you can learn what is going on. My first one is there today (I hope!) On Wednesdays, I will post one on Our Green Table.

2. I am a starting with my own family and switching to products without harmful chemicals. I can help your family make the switch, too, to a safer solution.

3. I am offering to educate every family, every group who is interested in this issue until we all can live "free" of this chemical soup or at least, understand what we are being spoon-fed.

You are welcome to join me in any way you can. I have lots of ways you can help. And, we are growing a group...a grass-roots initiative and would love your involvement. Email me, pennyrudder@gmail.com and check out me out on Facebook:  Penelope Rudder or

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava-Anderson-Non-Toxic-by-Penny-Rudder/110143655739892#!/pages/Ava-Anderson-Non-Toxic-by-Penny-Rudder/110143655739892?sk=wall

More is more. Education leads to power and choice and life that's a lot more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment