Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For the Love of Licorice

Spring is sweet and today I am giving myself some sweetness in the form of licorice. Oh my, I love it. Whenever I am in New York, I visit the mother of all candy stores, Economy Candy, http://www.economycandy.com/. My love for that store is truly like, well... like a kid would love a candy store. And, I feel like a kid in it. And, I am not alone.

Economy Candy holds the candy crown nationwide. Numero Uno. Really, it is worth a visit...so much sweet, floor-to-ceiling fun. Love the extra charge for whining. And if you need a fabulous hair cut, Anessa, who cuts my hair, is right around the corner! Then, you can go for lunch at ...see I have a whole tour just waiting for you!



I also like to order candy from The Vermont Country Store. They have several pages of their print catalogue dedicated to just licorice candies...fun!!! And, online, under candy, they have a tab, The Licorice Shop http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/products/Food-Candy/Candy-Chocolate/Licorice.html

My new favorite is Mint Licorice Caramels...here, have a look. They are melt in your mouth yum!

This Red, White and Food post is for those old-fashioned candies,especially licorice and the stores that carry them. While not completely healthy, a little real sweetness, a little sweet fun always has a place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment