Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Plane Good Enough Salad


Last night was a dark and stormy night and woefully, I was on an airplane and in an airport for HOURS. Storms closed the Atlanta airport for a good chunk of time and that was the beginning of a long and chaotic evening.  I have had some rough flights between home and New York and last night's ordeal was right up there with the worst of them. The good news was that I had an amazing salad to tide me and my nerves over. It held up beautifully in my purse and was just deliciously refreshing. I plan on having it again...maybe tonight, and will rename it though...no more planes for me for a while. There are also some pix of my last day in NYC.

Plane Good Enough Salad

For one serving, take a good amount of fresh, washed kale (yep...it's back and dressed for summer!l) and mesclun and toss with sliced radishes, red onion, watermelon cubes, toasted walnuts. Drizzle on a lemon vinaigrette and garnish with a good bit of fresh, chopped cilantro.

Catching the last cold wave and leaving Mom...

                 

Favorite last day sights back on the streets of NYC


Isn't that last picture amazing? Marzipan gone veggie and from a "family" friendly business to boot! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment