Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, May 27, 2010

Shaking up deliciousness at Greeny's

It would be impossible to be on Shelter Island and not visit Greeny's. I ran into this delightful natural foods store and cafe one day to say "Hi" and grab a kombucha. Lucky for me, Jen, the new owner was there and I got a chance to catch up on all the delicious things now available at Greeny's and Jen also helped me out with my camera and computer. Woohoo!!
You see from these pix that goodness and delicious food run from the front door to the back at Greeny's.


Jen has great soups and sandwiches for lunch and also, fabulous shakes available all day long. Visit her Greeny's page on Facebook for more info and to check out her menus.

No matter what the day is, I always plan on whipping up a shake to have for a meal or a snack. I have found these protein-packed smoothies really smooth out my rough edges during the day and really stabilize my blood sugars and energy. More luck for me, Jen shared her favorite base smoothie recipe! With the secret touch of mango puree, her recipe really opens up a world of wonderful variations...organic peanut butter, organic pb and j, really green (with spinach or kale), all kinds of fruits, organic almond or cashew butter, organic dark chocolate...yum. I am going to crack out the blender and shake up some deliciousness! Thanks, Jen!

Greeny's Smoothie

1 cup organic yogurt
1/2 cup mango puree
1/2 cup frozen fruit of choice

Place these ingredients in blender, add whatever else you'd like and blend well. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment