Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yes, It Does!!

I am the second generation of women born in the United States with the birthright of being able to vote. I cherish that right and thank all the women before me and my mom who made it possible.

I cannot imagine what it is like to live in a country, state, city or village where I and all other women would have no voice. It is stunning to think that my grandmothers cast the first female votes in our family. I mean...that is pretty recent history.

I also live in a state where many say my vote doesn't really matter. My state leans very heavily towards one political party. Well, I am here to tell you, my vote does matter. It matters to me a lot that I can cast it freely. A lot. A whole lot. And it does count. A lot. A whole lot.

Whether or not my candidate wins, my vote counts for freedom and for equal rights. I get goosebumps every time I queue up on election day. It is a thrill, an honor, a right and a responsibility I cherish.

I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment