Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, April 13, 2012

It's time for some champagne!

Champagne mangoes are in the house!!! Oh...yum! They are about a dollar a piece and so do run out and grab one of these delicious golden wonders.



One of the favorite stops on my walks through Brooklyn was a shop called Radish. Just precious inside, all full of local goods, lovely people, great vintage kitchen pieces and some of the best prepared food ever. I loved their salads especially and was lucky enough to meet the chef a couple of times. She even gave me two of her recipes! xoxox


Dinner for the plane! Yum!

The "market salad" was my favorite item...just chock full of greens, nuts, local cheeses and fruits and veggies du jour. I bought one to eat on the plane and then made it again here at home for our street's Easter Potluck. I LOVE community dinners!! Champagne mangoes ruled the salad and each bite brought back juicy sweet memories...of time spent in Colombia, Mexico, Hawaii, India, Brooklyn and the gorgeous mango-colored sari I wore to my son's wedding.


Neighbors' Easter Potlucky!


Copycat Market Salad under construction


Building above and beyond with local berries


All dressed up!

Easter Potluck Salad (loosely a "Market Salad"copycat! Look at what is available in your markets and start creating!)

Arugula
Fresh mint, one bunch worth of leaves
Spring green onions, white part and some of the green thinly sliced
Spring sugar snap peas, lightly blanched
Champagne mangoes, cut into cubes
Spring strawberries, hulled and sliced
Spring radishes, thinly sliced
Walnuts, halves or pieces
Beet pickled egg, chopped for garnish
Lemon or Tangerine Vinaigrette

Wash and prepare all fruits and veggies. I blanched the sugar snap peas for about a minute and then iced them down and let chill for about 30 minutes. Toss all together and dress with a citrus-y vinaigrette. (Substitute lemon or tangerine juice for the vinegar in any basic vinaigrette recipe...I have posted several previously). Garnish with chopped beet pickled egg (Monday, April 9th post) or crumbled goat cheese.

My veggie-full potluck plate. I told you I am a big eater!!

Have a great weekend...our Farmers Market spring to life this weekend and I am going to all! What are you doing this weekend? I can't wait to share what I did yesterday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment