Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stepping out?

I am surprised (and so are my kiddoes) at how far I walk every day here when I don’t at home. Hmmm. Interesting.

Saturday, I walked from Chelsea in lower Manhattan to the Upper East Side, about 70 plus blocks, close to 4 miles, and then walked around Brooklyn some, and had it not started to rain, probably could have kept going. I think what fires me up is the diversity I see. Really gets (and keeps) me going. 

Here are some shots from around Central Park which I dearly love...
Crystal blue skies around The Children's Zoo
Still Winter sunlight streaming through

"Lady" Liberty taking a few
Beautiful buildings
Beautiful doors
Beautiful baubles
Beautiful books inside

Beautiful signs of Spring

And then,  this picture. It's a little dark, but is the perfect "Food for Thought"...a gorgeous building ruined by Coke! Hmmm...

Each walk, each day is so different. For example, when I walk to my kiddoes, which is about 3 miles round trip, I have several choices of routes. I can walk The Cityscape/River Scenic, The HipsterChic, The Italian, The Polish, The Industrial Warehouse (least fave), The Brownstone or Brickstone, The Park and yes, The Donut/Cake/Cookie Route.



So fun…each of them is great. I love all the sensory input, from the architecture to the smells to the languages. I will really miss these walks. I only have a little time left here.

And so, I am going to try to figure out how to keep it up. How do you guys keep fired up and stepping out? Aside from an iPod (I am too clumsy to be plugged in and listening to music…plus I think it is generally a not-so-great idea), let me know!! It's Women and Wedsnesdays...do share!


No comments:

Post a Comment