Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Blues

No, I am not having them but I sure would like some!

I am having a "birthday" party of a sorts tomorrow and was looking through my recipe box for one of two favorite cakes. My gosh...it was like digging through a treasure trove. So many recipes! Weirdly enough, I couldn't find either cake recipes I was looking for but I did find this one for a chilled blueberry soup.


Would love to pop one of these in my mouth!

We lived in Cleveland, Ohio when the kiddos were babies. All three of us were born there actually. During the few summers we were there when they were old enough to help, we would go to a blueberry farm about an hour away and pick and eat 'til our bellies and bags were full. I had a freezer of plump berries all winter...about 30-40 pounds worth. Seemed pretty decadent in the dead of winter! Such fun! If you are in the picking mood, here is a great link with some blueberry storage tips.

While the chilled soup picture is from the Internet...I love the presentation...the recipe is from a dear friend in Cleveland.



Chilled Blueberry Soup

2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1-8 ounce can pineapple in water, not drained
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
3/4 cup dairy or non-dairy yogurt
2 bananas
1 1/4 cup apple juice

Set aside 1/4 cup berries.

Combine berries, pineapple, lemon juice, pineapple juice, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 banana and 1 cup apple juice. Chill 2 hours. Blend rest of ingredients and float on top of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment