Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, June 24, 2011

Green Goddess Saves the Day and the Party!

I feel their pain. Yesterday the nontoxic product line I love launched its new website...or tried to. I got a test link to the new site late Wednesday night and wow...what a beauty!! It was up for awhile yesterday morning, then crashed. I am not sure what the issues are...servers, brower compatibility? Goodness knows I have trouble enough just launching one blog post a day. Navigating this technical world can be rough going. "Open the pod bay door, Hal" is right!

And so, I thought it best today to be completely supportive and reboot my post from yesterday...my first blog party/contest with a big prize for the winner. The website may have its new look...or not. Doesn't matter. At the end of the post is this very appropriate dip that I got from The New York Times...green, clean and soothing. Green Goddess to the rescue!


And so, from yesterday....do frogs get Internet? Receive daily briefings? Have an agent? Well, someone or something tipped them off and they redefined loud last night. My backyard was roaring all-night-long. Even the air conditioner could not drown out their croaks and bellows. I got very little sleep.


Lucky Kitty

Once awake, I tossed and turned, tossed and turned. Is it morning yet? Is the cat out of the bag (I am on a bit of an animal tangent today!!)

Yes, it is!!!! And it is beautiful! Click here (and actually the new site may not be glitch-free but the party is on!)

And so today, here's what I am going to do. Have a Blog Party!!! Hey, even rhymes with frog!!

Whether in my backyard or yours, "It's a Party Out There" where you can actually go shopping and saving on this beautiful new site! In addition to helping create a safe, green, clean environment for your backyard plants and animals and the people you love that play there, here are 4 great ways to win:

Number 1. Check out the site here and email your list to me: pennyrudder@yahoo.com I will enter your order into the party, pay your shipping and give you a $5 voucher towards your next order. Value: around $12 plus, depending on the shipping fees. What are you out of? How about your Summer Essentials...shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, shower gel, lip balm, the best "itchy skin" spray on the planet?

Number 2. Shop yourself here and although I am unable to pay your shipping, I will give you 2- $5 vouchers towards your next two orders. Value: $10. Please enter in Party #2978 when you check out because...

Here is the best part...Number 3...

From one of you who order, I will draw a name out of my fish bowl and crown "Party Hostess" which means FREEBIES for our hostess. Could be YOU! Value: between $25 and $200 in free products. You must have placed an order to be eligible. You will be able to select these products once I close the party June 29th at midnight and tally up the exact amount of your FREE-BUCKS.

Then, number 4...I will donate a portion of the proceeds of this party to the organization I featured Wednesday! Party with a purpose...Win-win-win and win!!

Be sure to enter party number #2978 when you check out!!! I will get your coupons ready for $5.00 off your next purchases and I think I may brew up some "Zen" or chamomile tea and just slip a little into that pond water! Happy shopping...it's a beautiful day and night...and will be even better once the techno gremlins cooperate!

And now, here is a green party munchie...

Green Goddess Dip (The New York Times)

1/2 cup packed fresh dill
1/2 cup packed fresh mint
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley
1/3 cup packed fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 scallions, white and green parts, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Pinch kosher salt, more to taste
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional (I use Vegenaise)

Raw chopped vegetables or pita chips, for serving.

Place dill, mint, parsley, basil, garlic, scallions, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and process until finely chopped. With motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated. Add feta and process until smooth; pulse in yogurt. Taste dip and add more salt, if desired. If you like a creamier, richer dip, add mayonnaise and pulse to combine. Serve dip immediately with vegetables or pita chips or cover and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment