Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, May 31, 2011

They're Baaaaaack

Farmers' Markets, that is!!!! So exciting. Really exciting that two new ones have sprung up within walking distance!!! This Red, White and Food shout-out is to Farmers' Markets everywhere...big hugs!

Shot I took of  last year's bounty

I forgot my camera last week but won't this week when I head up the street, around the corner and down a few blocks to the new Hillcrest Farmers' Market! I have gotten yummy eggs, Swiss chard, summer squash, leeks, broccoli, winter spinach, cucumbers and a de-lish cookie or two there. I will share more next Tuesday.


My home away from home, the Greenport-Shelter Island "hood", also just opened a new market and I know it is full of deliciousness as well. Can't wait to load up on Long Island's freshest there. Here are some scenes from their opening day, courtesy of their website.

Yum...Blue Duck's breads




Yay!!! Thank you so much for opening these markets. Be sure to find one (or start one!) in your neighborhood so that good, fresh food and health are within walking distance for every neighbor and family! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment