Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, January 20, 2011

Consider the Source

I have been to two beautiful and intense movies recently, downed two large bags of popcorn and I do believe I am over it for a while. The Rabbit Hole is not playing in Little Rock, which at this point, may be a good thing for my body. I soooo want to see Nicole Kidman in this. I saw the play last year and the part she has is so complex. I guess I will have to wait for it to come to Redbox.


I can't even wrap my mind around the glop that is in movie popcorn. I have the info somewhere in my files but hey...it's Thursday which means beverage day and so, let's go there. I have a plan.

Here is a great recipe that even not-a-mixed-drink gal like me would enjoy. So appropriate when you consider the source! I may need two.


Cleanse-tini  

1 1/2 cups sake
1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup filtered water
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup coarse crystal date sugar

Combine all the ingredients except the date sugar in a bowl or other container and mix to thoroughly combine. Place the date sugar in a shallow bowl or small plate. Wet the rims of the martini glasses and dip them into the date sugar, as you would if you were salting the rims of glasses for a traditional margarita.

Shake the liquid over ice in a martini shaker and pour into the martini glasses.

Happy Thirsty Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment