Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Red, White and Postal

Sunday was delicious. I was invited by a friend to share what I know about toxins in skincare and to share the toxin-free line I use. Such a fun afternoon. On the drive home I got to thinking about the post office. Perhaps it was the power of suggestion...I was awaiting a shipment of goodies.

I know my mailman really well and rarely do things get so wrapped around the axle as they did last week. I had a package (that normally arrives within 3 -4 days) go AWOL in Pennsylvania or in post office terms, it was "re-routed for delivery". Now, I am a Pennsylvania gal but really...a "roots" tour for a package? Who knew? I about drove my mailman crazy and noticed every time he saw me coming, he either ducked or opened up a can of sardines. Anti-inflammatory you know. After about 10 days of this I declared myself over it and had the whole batch reordered. Got that package today in record time and pristine condition. Maybe those folks in PA need that first order more than I do.

This Red White and Food post is for the post office and our mailpeople and all that we expect of them and all they deliver, which, for the most part is pretty good. I thank our mailman with homemade goodies, almost always my Natural State Granola. But, because I cannot share that recipe, here is a fab ginger cookie. It travels really well, too, just in case your package gets "re-routed". Tell the folks in PA "hi"! xoxxo


Ginger Gems

2 3/4 cups flour of choice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon cloves
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
3/4 cup molasses
1 cup granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and spices together. Beat in brown sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until light.Add egg and molasses and beat until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add flour mix. Scrape bowl and mix one minute at medium speed.


Form dough into little balls, roll in granulated sugar and place 2" apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned and puffed. Transfer to a cooling rack immediately to cool or hey, eat one warm! Makes about 2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment