Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cracking through my comfort zone

Ok, so today, I am entering an eggnog contest! FUN!! I love entering cooking contests! I am so excited, mainly for the festivities, but I do hope my frothy concoction is really de-lish. If you are local, come to Eggshells to night at 5:00, http://www.eggshellskitchencompany.com/ and have a taste...and vote! I will let you know tomorrow how we did! Drat...wish they would allow absentee ballots!

Until then, I am on the beverage trail. My son (remember I told you my kiddos are way ahead of me?!) sent me a link yesterday about animal testing and the makers of ubiquitous Lipton Tea, Unilever. Now, in the personal care product world, Unilever is a real bad actor. Blatant animal testing and toxicity scores up to "10" as in at the top of the hazard charts. Here are some of their personal care brands to run from: Aqua Net, AXE, BCBGirls, Caress, Chloe, CK, Crave, Degree, Dove, ESCAPE, Finesse, Lever 2000, Mentadent, Pond's, Salon Selectives, SHEER, Suave, ThermaSilk, Truth, Vaseline, Vera, Groom & Clean, Lagerfeld, Rave, Vera Wang, Unilever, Sunsilk.

Beverage-wise Unilever is "allegedly" conducting tests with its Lipton Tea to see the health effects on animals with certain conditions and illnesses that they are creating. Cruel-tea. This doesn't surprise me at all given Unilever's appalling disregard for animal and human welfare in the personal care world. Until I can uncover more information on this, here is the link my son sent yesterday. http:/www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/2010/12/15/was-your-tea-tested-on-animals.aspx
(Also, on a totally cruelty-free note, remember, today is your last day to be eligible for the brush set...see yesterday's post and don't miss out!)
 
Hope to see you tonight. I gotta get cracking my eggnog!

No comments:

Post a Comment