Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good to the Last Drop.

By now, you must realize I am not the "love 'em and leave 'em" type.

I really am trying to pry myself away from Halloween. See, I am not even highlighting it in orange. But, then I saw this and well, after today, I am ending it. For sure. Stick a pitchfork in it. Done.

Until then...

What a hoot! This recipe is from a collection of "What do I do with leftover candy" tips.  It looks like so much fun to make up and dress up. Rarely to I do a two drink week, but maybe you do have candy left over? I don't and may have to go get a dark chocolate candy bar to try this out. It sounds more after dinner and dessert-y than "kick one back on the porch" to me. But, with one recipe serving 3, you and any lingering ghosts hanging around can decide when you want your last sweet sip of Halloween...before or after.

And, we actually had a couple of kids come dressed just like this cute little pink flamingo...


Leftover Halloween Chocolate Mudslide (complete with costume still intact!)

1 1/2 ounces Kahlua
1 1/2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
3 ounces vodka
3 ounces milk or cream (I think coconut milk here would be delish)
2 cups ice
1 (1.55-ounce) chocolate bar (better the chocolate, better the mudslide!)

Combine all ingredients with ice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Makes 3 servings

Okay...so, now I am done. I am putting the full color, Special Collector's Edition, 116 page The Best Of Martha Stewart Halloween Handbook a-w-a-y. Drat.

Drink up, pal. I've got a nice pine box just waiting for you.


Oh, and in case you have a box of spices hanging around and aren't quite sure what to do with it, come to Eggshells Kitchen Company on Monday, November 8th at 6. I am doing a spicy workshop...guaranteed to take the lid off any spice box you've got! Go here to register: http://www.eggshellskitchencompany.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment