Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Back to My Wicked Ways...sort of

On the 4th day before Halloween, my True Ghoul gave to me...two Beauty Bites to keep us ghouls a-healthy...




Beauty Bite Number 1
I dearly love "party toes"...nail polished toes...for about 4-5 months out of the year. My favorite polish used to be "Wicked"...a dark, mysterious, luxurious, elegant color. Is it the deepest shade of red or deepest shade of brown??? Who knows. I just love it.

Then, I discovered blue polish and it set me free.


When I first had blue put on, a lovely shade called "Sag Harbour", I was a little underwhelmed. "Umm...excuse me. How much is it for a polish change?" Then, it transformed me and I loved it, all ten toes worth, all summer long. But, it is fall and I had to have one polish round of my beloved "Wicked" before I stuff my tootsies in boots all winter...that is until I read the toxicity scoop this polish. Drat. Toxic stuff. What's a girl to do?

Head to Zoya. They have lovely polishes...stay on forever and are pretty and healthy for polishes. Such a combo. They are available at Whole Foods and on line at www.zoya.com and are free from formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate and camphor. My "Wicked" replacement is "Nina". I just may have to go for round two before I pull the boots on. Lovely stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment