Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, September 7, 2010

With Friends like this...

I am a lucky woman. I am about to board a plane and realized that the next time I see this friend, it will be Fall. I just cannot hang up my flip flops and leave this transformational summer behind without giving a big The Red, White and Food shout-out to my friend, SWH. She is such an inspiration and has been behind and beside so many of my posts this summer. She calls and emails with recipes, tips, newspaper articles, books and nudges me to keep learning new things. She called last week and asked, "Do you ever need a new idea to talk about?" Well, yes...sure, let's have it! And so, I have an assignment or two to dig into and will share the outcome in future posts.

Here is a recipe she sent me over the weekend and it is perfect...you probably still have your grill handy from yesterday. Sounds yummy and SWH, you're the one! Thanks for everything you have brought into my life. xoxoxo


Grilled Asparagus with Garlic and Lemon

Paula Deen – June 13, 2006


1 pound asparagus
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (what...no butta?)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper


Trim asparagus. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, zest and paprika and stir with a fork. Lay asparagus side by side and pierce on 2 wooden skewers to form a raft. Place rafts on the grill and brush with oil mixture. Cook to desired tenderness and season with salt and pepper.

And here is an article SWH said not to miss: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/02/opinion/02kristof.html?scp=1&sq=cleaning%20the%20hen%20house&st=cse

No comments:

Post a Comment