Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This is why I am on this....


With summer ending soon, I have loved every minute of it, despite the heat. It has been my "Aha Summer" and because of what I have learned, my "Journey to Peace" has taken on new meaning: others. It is wonderful to step out on an exploratory mission of my own which I really did in earnest in May, but the connection and opportunity to walk with others is indescribable.

I have learned so much from others about new foods, new skincare and new attitudes. Rich in every way from this abundant, transformational summer, I bet there is still "more" to come this fall and I cannot wait. More is more. The more I learn, the more people I meet, the more I can share.

While this quote below relates to my quest for truly safe skincare, it applies to all the reasons why I am on this delightful journey for more peaceful eating and more peaceful living... 

"With all our talk of ingredients, products and laws, we sometimes forget to talk about why the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics exists. We do this work in honor of women who've died too young of breast cancer, babies born with abnormalities, couples who can't conceive, and everyone else whose health has been degraded by chemicals in our homes and our environment. Thank you for being here and making a difference."

Oh my. For me, that says it all.  xoxoxoxox


Some of you have asked about the pictures. Most of the food ones are actually taken on my green table. Others, on my walk abouts. The coastal ones are from near where my mom lives. These shots are from a beach in Southold where my mom and I love to stop and watch the gulls. The sunsets and sunrises there are spectacular. Pretty, huh?

And here is the repsonse for a senator that I promised to share:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Safe Chemicals Act of 2010.

As you may know, this bill would amend the Toxic Substances Control Act of 1976 to require manufacturers to provide information about chemicals in consumer products and would put the burden on industry to prove that chemicals are safe in order to stay on the market. Under current policy, the EPA can call for safety testing after evidence surfaces indicating a chemical may be dangerous. In addition, this legislation would give the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) more authority to regulate the use of dangerous chemicals.

I appreciate knowing of your concern for this issue. Rest assured that I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress to ensure that consumers are protected. Should the Safe Chemicals Act of 2010 or similar legislation concerning toxic substances be considered by the U.S. Senate, I will be sure to remember the points you raised.

Thank you again for contacting me. To learn more about my work in Congress, I encourage you to visit my online office and sign up for my e-newsletter at http://www.lincoln.senate.gov. I am proud to serve the citizens of Arkansas in the United States Senate and hope you will not hesitate to let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,
Blanche L. Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment