Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, June 10, 2010

Screaming Fit

I have had this quote hanging above my desk for a long time. It sums up a lot...

Had the government asked me about the new My Food Pyramid, it would have had a very different make-up and shape, seriously. But, don't get me started on the Food Pyramid...let's talk about something pleasant instead.

As a kid, I was allergic to cow's milk and yet, despite that setback, I somehow managed to stoically power my way through a lot of ice cream. Go figure. You gotta do what you gotta do, right? As an adult, I still adore ice cream and consider it a must for happy, peaceful living. So much so that when our kiddos were little, I made homemade ice cream a lot...with an "old-fashioned" hand-cranked freezer. (White Mountain still makes the best freezer BTW). Nothing like licking ice cream right off the paddle to make the day extra happy, extra peaceful! And, while I don't make it any more, I sure do like to eat it.

Recently I began trying a couple of dairy-free "creams" and was not very excited over them until this one...with a brand name of "Purely Decadent", I was very hopeful.



I love it! This flavor is really good and I am a big fan of all things coconut anyway...oil, water, milk...and use these coconutty things in cooking a lot. While coconut milk is the base here, it does not scream "coconut". The dominant flavors in this creamy delight are mint and chocolate. And, you know that song, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"...well, I have found a good screaming fit. I am going to try out some more of their flavors and add them into my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment