Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, June 24, 2010

A few of my favorite things...and one that isn't

              
           
I love skirts, especially long swishy ones or ones that are a little bit "funky", fun necklaces (which I will have more of at First Thursday!), belts and this blue toenail polish I have been wearing. When I first put it on, it was "Oh my...this has got to go!" But, now I love it. 


Anyway, I was looking at my feet this morning and saw something that is not my fav...yet another funny-looking red spot. Beyond enjoying long shirts and finding them much cooler for my body than pants, there is another practical reason I love them...keeps more of my skin hidden. I have had quite a battle with skin cancer, fortunately, none as serious as a melanoma, but I am pretty scarred up from surgeries and the "freezing" blow torch my dermo uses. In addition to the Yes to Carrots shower gel I bought, I also got this body lotion with sunblock for my feet. So far, I like it; it has a nice consistency. Most sunblocks leave me feeling a little suffocated and/or sticky. This one is worth another picture (original post on Yes to Carrots was a couple of days ago...see Dressing Table Beauty Bites under "Featured Recipes")...don't forget to protect your tootsies and reapply often!!



No comments:

Post a Comment