Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, November 23, 2012

I'll also "pass" on

Black Friday shopping. I just can't and won't do it. I don't know, maybe I am the only one who feels this way, but in my view, it's still Thanksgiving and this is my motto...



I have a vow not to do anything Christmas-y until December 1. Fall is absolutely my favorite season and goes much too quickly. Every year another day of its authentic, uniquely beautiful nature gets swallowed up by the craziness of shopping, earlier and earlier. And so, I don't.

Today, I am going to do a little more cooking, go to the library and take a walk. Look at this fabulous picture. I am so there!



I do have my work cut out for me today though, and plan to give this fork a good workout...



I tried a new crust for my traditional pumpkin pie and really liked it. It would also be a nice crust for a cool, lemon-y pie. Have a great weekend!

Gingersnap Pie Crust

2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
5-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Mix all and press into pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes or until set. Proceed with rest of your pie recipe. I do not add any extra sugar or salt to this recipe. Feel free to adapt to your own tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment