Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, October 5, 2012

Full Court Press



While most of my trusty notebook is words, there is a picture in it that truly is worth 1000 of them. Here it is:


(tap on picture for full view)
It seems to me there is nothing you can do about the stresses in life other than handle them. I haven't yet figured out how to run and hide from them...have you?

This picture reminds me that stress is a full body event and so has to have a full body response. For me, the green drinks are a godsend because they help my immune system so much. I have noticed a huge difference in my health and ability to keep standing under stress since blending up that first bright green drink. They are always my first line of defense. Bottoms up!

Exercise also helps me and walking is the only exercise I've found that, thankfully, doesn't require Spandex. And, it's free.

The other whole body defense I love is soaking in Epsom salts. They are great! Very inexpensive and as well as helping detox and relax the body, also help deliver a calming dose of magnesium. Any muscle tension just melts away. Adding in a splash of lavender essential oil makes the bath ambrosial!

Here's a thought for the weekend: down a gorgeous green drink, go for a long walk and then soak away your stress in a salty, scented tub.

The "recipe" I use is: 1 cup Epsom salts, a few drops of lavender oil and for extra silky skin, 1 cup of baking soda to a tub of warm water. Don't use water that is too hot. It will dry your skin out and actually create too much blood flow. Calm and easy wins the day!

Any other thoughts on whole body ways to chase away the Big S? Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment