Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rolling into a new one...

Today is my birthday. Seems like I just had one.





 Dawn rolling into a New Year!


This birthday is uniquely special. It is the first one that I am a grandmother. I would love to be able to put into words what I felt as my grandchildren were being born…feelings and emotions both for them as well as for my own children and their loved ones. As well as for my mom. We are now officially four generations. Amazing.

It is also hard to express what being a grandmother feels like. When I hold my Grand Ones, it seems like just yesterday when I was holding my two. When I look into their faces, I see a combination of peace and possibility…and I hope for patience. I hope their lives unfold slowly and they live each season fully. Enjoy being Little Ones until it is time to move on to being Bigger Ones.

And so, that is my birthday wish…that all of us may live each season fully, as it comes, and that I will enjoy this new chapter of my life one slow, savory step at a time. And, I am also going to follow the lead of my Grand Ones. They just started rolling over. When they do, I believe, from the looks on their faces, they are both amazed and joyful. As I roll into a new year, I am going to act the same way. Happy day to you and Happy Birthday to me, all 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, 86,400 seconds of it!

What do you wish for on your birthday?


No comments:

Post a Comment