Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, February 16, 2012

Fat Thursday

Last night I was so excited I could hardly keep from bursting! I had the joy of listening to my son speak and speak in a setting that was just dazzling to boot…the 40th floor of a building near Freedom Tower. The cityscape was magnificent and my son…oh my, a “mom moment” for sure! 


Anyway, to burn off some adrenaline (this was also my first nighttime visit to the city since coming here…I told you I don’t get out much! Ha!), I had the cab drop me off way before my apartment.
Donuts, served by a Knight In Shining Armour


I have said over and over, “These people can bake!” Seriously. Here are two signs that jumped off the sidewalk. “Fat Thursday"? Am I missing something? Donuts as an aperitif? Turns out this is a big holiday. For the "skinny" on it, read more about it here and maybe just read...don't eat every bite? Or, wash 'em down with yesterday's super healthy shake?

No surprise that donuts are not at all nutritionally heart-healthy, as a matter of fact, are among the worst offenders, but happiness and celebrating with friends go a long way in building better health, too! Happy Fat Thursday! Good thing it's only once a year!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment