Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, October 7, 2011

Learning in the Fast Lane

I gotta admit it. Fast food has some value. Nutritional waistland aside, fast food has made eating easy, convenient and fun. Some would even add "delicious" to the mix. Smart, smart marketing and delivery. 

Here is what I aim to do...make getting healthy easy, convenient and fun, too, and certainly delicious. I have decided to set Our Green Table up for parties, more officially than before, and offer up Our Wellness Cafe. I have come up with a Five Course Wellness Menu that I think is every bit the easy, convenient, fun and delicious way I view becoming healthier should be. There will be lots of tips on inner and outer wellness...the whole package, and always a DIY recipe as well as product recommendations. The DIY recipe for October is yummy!

Maybe Our Wellness Cafe will even party some day on YouTube! Whoa...one thing at a time! Contact me to book your Wellness Cafe. Such a perfect, fun way to play it safe and clean. Think bridal and especially baby showers, too!



To celebrate, I am partying up a fall favorite: zucchini. I experimented this morning making a nut cheese and thought it would be great as a dip with raw veggies. I only had zucchini on hand which I am not crazy about raw and so I used the nut cheese in a sandwich and marinated the squash for dinner. Easy, convenient, fun and delicious!


Partied Up Zucchini

Wash zucchini and slice really thin. (I think a mandoline would be perfect for this but I don't have one!) Place slices in a non-plastic dish and lightly salt with sea salt to draw out some of the water and "raw" mouth feel. Drain after a few minutes.

Marinate for a few hours (mine is brewing away as we speak) in this luscious, fragrant marinade:

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (with grated zest)
1 teaspoon or more grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon turbinado raw sugar (maybe brown would work as well) 
1-2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves

I am planning to serve mine over slices of last of season tomatoes and maybe serve with crackers spread with the nut cheese I made today, too. Yum...it's time to party!.

Have a happy, healthy and delicious weekend! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment