Driving downtown Monday, a billboard caught my eye. October 8th is Fire Safety Day in my town.
Just last week, I read an article in the paper that caught my eye. And, then another in a magazine in the doctor's office.
Connecting the three together makes a perfect topic for today's Women and Wednesdays: the fire hazards of chemically laden hair care products.
Prior to my shifting to the hair care products I use now, my hair was truly flammable...way beyond normal.
I know this for a fact.
Several years ago, I bent near a candle and in a nanosecond, the flame caught my hair, sparking and burning a small section, smelling to high heaven and scaring me into the middle of next week. Frightening experience. I can only imagine the panic Michael Jackson felt. But, I did not in any way think I had the same types of flammable products on my hair.
Who's to say how much the products I was using contributed to that scare. For sure, my dried-out, brittle, coated-in-alcohol-and-waxy petroleum hair had some innate flammability of its own, right?
This headline from the article in our paper has me thinking:"13-year-old Helena-West Helena girl who was severely burned last year when a hot straightening comb ignited an antifrizz serum on her hair was granted permission Tuesday to withdraw her federal lawsuit against L’Oreal USA Inc." Note: She asked permission to withdraw now to refile it correctly.
You would love what I use now. The Styling Creme is amazing...soft, pretty curls. Just ask me and I will help you, too...so you can be beautiful, safe and healthy in candlelight or any light for that matter. xoxo