Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, March 7, 2011

Pantry Perk

Normally, I am all about food shopping. I love it. Except this weekend. Just couldn''t get myself out there. And so, I scrounged around to see what I had and what I could make that was exotic. A lot of my snow-weary Facebook pals are posting about tropical get-aways and so I decided to have one too and give my tastes buds a trip.

Here is where we went...

Pantry Pad Thai

8 ounces dried brown rice noodles (Lundberg Farms make great ones...Any noodle will do, I just happened to have these)
4 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
3 scallions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 bunch broccoli, steamed and florets cut
½ cup fresh cilantro
¼ cup chopped roasted, lightly salted peanuts per serving


Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, and soy sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant.

Add broccoli, noodles, and soy sauce mixture to skillet, toss constantly until noodles and broccoli are coated with sauce. Serve noodles with lime wedges and top with cilantro and peanuts. Serves 3-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment