Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, February 17, 2011

Two-fer

Today's post is a two-fer...a combo of Tuesday's regular Red White and Food and Thursday's wet and wild (or not) Thirsty Thursday.



I am teaching a spring cooking class this Saturday at The Culinary District. No, not the one in Los Angeles, at the fabulous one here in Hot Springs. Here is the link: http://www.culinarydistrict.com/culinarydistrict-hotsprings

The building alone is reason enough to go see this mouth-watering store. Absolutely gorgeous and filled with some amazing antiques as well as a cook's dream of foods, equipment and drum roll, please, wine.



I went over on Tuesday for a walk-through of their foods and pot and pans that I would need and wouldn't you know it, the first thing that caught my eye walking in the back entrance was a case of organic wine. Organic red wine at that. Why, it is practically a stand alone food group and there it was, front and center!

And so, in addition to cooking up some of my favorite spring dishes (a luscious soup, fresh as spring salad and perfect spring pesto), I will also give a nod to their organic wine selection. Here are my three favorite red organic wines, all available at The Culinary District.


What makes a wine organic? Here is a great link:

I believe Saturday's class is full but I bet we can do this again! Just ask them to schedule another class. My classes are a little different...fun, a little spunky and with easy and del-ish recipes. As a nutritionist with an eye on both your well-being and Mother Earth's, my recipes and techniques are "health-supportive". I am self-trained cook, though, and so believe me, after my classes, you will be able to DIY, too!

A big shout out and thank you to The Culinary District for being the cook's dream that they are and for inviting me to "cook up some good" on Saturday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment