Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, February 11, 2011

Dream on...

Maybe it's me. But I feel a lot of resistance in the crisp cold air. I went on two glorious walks yesterday and bubbled off to all I passed, "Isn't this fabulous?!!" Instead of wild agreement from everyone I met, I got more than several "It needs to end already" replies. And, the kids...where were they? I didn't see too many out playing. The day before, yes. But yesterday when it was so bright and blue and the snow was still just perfect...only a couple here and there. Oh well,  I love it snowy. It is such a rare treat here.

With the weekend and Valentines' Day coming up and taking into consideration many of you may not be the winter fan that I am, I thought I would calm you with this dessert. It has a warm, languid, tropical vibe...

Coco-Chocolate Fondue

Bananas and mangoes pair deliciously with this simple sauce which could be your Valentine's dessert. Refrigerate leftover sauce for up to a week, then reheat it and serve over toasted slices of banana bread.

1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut, such as Coco López or Thai Kitchen
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa power
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
2 mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks

Combine cream of coconut and cocoa powder in a small, heavy saucepan. Heat over low, whisking, until mixture is warmed through and smooth. Transfer to a fondue pot or a warmed heatproof bowl, stir in vanilla and salt, and serve with bananas and mangoes for dipping. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment