Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Roots and Wings

I just got back from two weeks in my "root" land...New York. My children and my mom are there and I always leave a big chunk of my heart rooted there, too. I dearly love New York not only for the family ties but also just for itself...its "New York" state of being. A magnificent state with everything from small, quaint seaside villages to Big Apple creativity and excitement to wondrous mountains and lakes. This time I got to the Catskills...fabulous and more on all of this later.


But first, because some of you may still be flying or have loved ones dashing through airports this winter, I have some good news to tuck under your wing. There actually is decent food available for hungry travelers and this Red White and Food post is a tribute to some edible airport grub.

Here is what I found available at various food court restaurants...all veggie and actually pretty healthy. These suggestions were also written up in American Way magazine:

Burrito Beach: wonderful Black Bean Burrito with Fresh Guacamole (I ate there in O'Hare)
Starbucks: Perfect Oatmeal (I would top with the available almonds and fruit)
Uno Chicago Grill: Steamed Seasonal Veggies and Whole Grain Brown Rice
Smoothie King: Pomegranate Punch
Sbarro: Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Au Bon Pain: French Moroccan Tomato Lentil Soup
Subway: Veggie Delite
Wolfgang Puck Express: Angel Hair Pasta with Tomato, Basil and Garlic
California Pizza Kitchen: Grilled Vegetable Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing

I also always pack Yogi Detox Tea and drink it after flying. It helps me get rid of some of the "sitting too long" swelling. Hope this helps you travel well whenever you take flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment