Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, December 3, 2010

Phew...I need a salad.

The leftovers are gone and I am back to my regular eating routine and glad for it. I love holiday food but I also really like the way I eat on non-holidays. It is just fun...satisfying with a little adventure tucked into the mix. I saw this recipe for a salad and I am on it. This salad is simply delicious, detoxifying and full of gorgeous seasonal colors (with a little orange thrown in, of course!) And, I am hoping there will be lots for leftovers! Have a great weekend!



Gingered Spinach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

2 small beets, roasted until tender, cooled and sliced or cut into wedges
6 cups baby spinach
2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into sections
red onion rings, optional
Lime Vinaigrette

Make a regular vinaigrette using lime juice as the acid. Add in 1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger and a dash of paprika. Taste and play with seasonings. If it is too tangy, add a splash of honey.

Arrange spinach on a salad plate, top with beets and oranges slices. Drizzle dressing over salad and if desired, garnish with toasted nuts or seeds. Serves 4.

And speaking of gorgeous seasonal beauty, here is my maple tree in all its glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment