Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Monday, November 15, 2010

Shaking it up

With fall in full swing, I thought I needed to shake up my morning smoothie a little. Spruce it up. Have it fall in line with the season. Now I wonder if I will ever go back. Love this!! Here is my newest creation and like several of my food pix, my photo does not do the deliciousness justice! Packed with lots of my favorite foods and favorite orange-y colors, it is a wonderful Meatless Monday meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.


Autumn Shake

3 ice cubes
4-8 ounces carrot juice (or more depending on how thick you like your shake)
1 teaspoon or more freshly grated ginger
a good shake or two of ground cinnamon
1 large or 2 small kale stalks with leaves removed...a good handful of leaves
1/2 frozen banana
5-6 cubes of frozen mango
1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
1-2 scoops protein powder (need a recommendation? email me!)

Mix in a blender and serve. I didn't even wait for a straw or for the camera to focus. Add more cinnamon or ginger if you like. And the kale? Do it. It is an essential no matter what the season. You won't even taste it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment