Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Thursday, August 5, 2010

Heat, what heat?

When I made a pledge to not use my car's a/c this summer for all the start and stop running around I do, little did I know that I would also have no a/c in part of the house for 8 days, the hottest 8 days of the year. At one point this week, one bedroom was 100 degrees, another a cool 96. And so, I was going to post about water...truly the beverage of champions and a life saver. Be sure you are drinking plenty! Gallons of it.

But, after all, it is Happy Hour on Thirsty Thursday and so I have something else in mind to share.



If my daughter could hear me pronouncing this out loud, she would be so happy. I am finally pronouncing this right...Prosecco. For some reason I got started of on the wrong foot, er, pronunciation when I first tasted this sparkly Italian wine and it stuck with me, much to my daughter's chagrin. What also stuck with me is how perfect a nice cool, bubbly glass of this would taste today. On my tongue and throat, Prosecco is crisp, dry and bubbly with just a hint of lemon and maybe a little apple and pear, too. 

And so, to keep things simple, here is a great recipe for this afternoon. Go buy an already chilled bottle of Prosecco, make sure it is young and less than two years old, uncork it and pour in a chilled glass. Take a sip and then let the glass rest on your forehead for a sec.

If just "uncork it" isn't good enough, drop a juicy berry into the bubbly or use Prosecco in a Mimosa. Pour 2 ounces of fresh, fresh orange juice in a champagne flute and top off with 4 ounces of chilled Prosecco. No need to stir. Just think these thoughts: heat, what heat?



No comments:

Post a Comment