Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eye Candy

There are a few things I need in the morning. Simple things to get me started. A cold, really cold glass of water with a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice, strong, hot coffee, my protein shake and kitchen eye candy. That will usually do it and get me off and running for the day. Awake is good. Energy is good. A new day is good.

Here is some of my favorite kitchen eye candy...a playful mix of fun dishes, vintage orange enamelware...actually, anything orange...an entertaining cookbook, a copper pot rescued from a roadside stand and a hen or rooster with attitude...and, of course, my green table! 





Let's give 'em something to crow about!


I also have been experimenting some with my protein shake. I like using some carrot juice as a switch for some of the water and throwing in a little kale (you are not surprised about that, are you?) or spinach for some morning green, just in case I am out of the powdered greens. Topping it all off with a sprinkle of Natural State Granola makes it just about perfect!

Here is my latest:

3 ice cubes, about 6-7 ounces filtered water or water/carrot juice combo, some berries and/or half a frozen banana, a scoop of "greens" or some kale leaves if I am out and then a generous scoop of the magic protein powder I love. Push blend, pour in a pretty glass, top with a sprinkle of Natural State Granola and sip by sip, all is good...even worked its magic today at 5 a.m!

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! Especially the orange-themed one.

    ReplyDelete