Glowing, radiant health is the new black. Our Green Table is serving it up, for the whole body! Healthy recipes and tips, the latest on eco-friendly food and "skin food"products and a head's up on ingredient safety are all woven into family-centered stories and discoveries. Bring informed, aware and empowered looks good on everyone!



Abrazos! xox Penny








Friday, May 21, 2010

Butta' is so Sweet

I may need to rename this blog "Sweet People I Meet" because I am on a roll here in New York. Today I got on the ferry for a short ride to Greenport, to refresh and refocus myself, and also see what was up since my last visit. Plus, with a name like Greenport, it is natural to visit! Waiting for me was an amazing hour of fun discoveries and it all started with a little butta' and sugar. As if those ingredients weren't enough, this sweet shop had me at "orange".

Butta' Cakes is a delightful sweet shop run by an equally delightful guy, Marc, whose favorite color must be orange because the store is visually, an orange delight. Before even tasting his goodies, I was "in". We orangies have to stick together. After reading through some of the earlier posts on cupcakes in NYC, you know by now, I do adore cupcakes. His are melt-in-your mouth, don't-miss-a-lick of frosting good and again, visually, a feast. I had a tough time choosing which flavor I wanted but went with the Chocolate Peanut Butter. The cake was velvet-y and moist and the frosting, rich and a perfect sweetness. Total delight with every bite.

You would think with the orange and more than several choices of cupcakes, I would be emotionally full. No...not until I saw he had a tray of dog cupcakes, topped with milkbone dog cookies!! Oh my, that sent me into complete happiness mode. Annie, Lilly and Stubug would love 'em. Here are some pix and his website, http://www.buttacakes.com/ and wherever you are, a drive to Butta' Cakes is a must! Plan to start with breakfast there, have a mid-morning cupcake, one of his fabulous sandwiches or fondue for lunch, mid-afternoon cupcake and so on. What a sweet day you'll have! 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment